The Apple Store
September 1-October 31, 2013
The Apple Store is open September and October. It is run by the volunteer fund raising group Conner Prairie Alliance and is the primary fundraiser for the group, with proceeds supporting the mission and programs of Conner Prairie.
During September and October 2012, the Apple Store sold 14,283 caramel apples! See how the dipping is done by hand in a Staff Video Blog.
The Apple Store offers a variety of traditional tasty treats, including:
- Hand-dipped caramel apples
- Cider slushies
- Apple and pumpkin donuts
- Pasteurized apple cider
- Multiple varieties of apples from local orchards
- Jams and jellies
- Apple pies
- Amish goods
- Gourmet dog treats
- Special gift items
- Handmade fire pit pokers by Conner Prairie blacksmiths
- Special order gourmet caramel apples, upon request
- Locally-made gift items from Herbal Arts (soaps and candles) and Mike's Wood Works (Halloween decorations)
- Items from Local Folks Foods and Crown Point Graphics, all produced in Hamilton County
Chicken Apple Crunch Salad
2 c. cooked chicken breast, cubed
1 c. diced Granny Smith apple
½ c. diced celery
¼ c. raisins
2 T. chopped green onion
1/3 c. low-fat mayonnaise
1 t. reduced fat sour cream
1 t. lemon juice
¼ t. salt
¼ t. fresh ground pepper
⅛ t. ground cinnamon
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise with remaining ingredients, stirring well with whisk. Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture, tossing well to coat.
Serve as an entrée salad or sandwich spread.
Learn more about the Conner Prairie Alliance by visiting their Facebook page.
"Last fall I visited Conner Prairie's Apple Store where I had the best caramel apple with peanuts I've ever tasted in my life! I've been waiting for September 1st...so I could order another."
Satisfied Apple Store Customer