It's that time of the year - when we are all weary of being indoors during the winter months. Even though it has been a mild winter, the grandkids and I are anxious to get outside!
Though they thoroughly enjoy Discovery Station
, the Science Lab
and Craft Corner
they are anxious to get outside. Beau has even joined in with a Prairie Tykes
program over the last few months to get his fill of Conner Prairie.
Recently there has been a lot of talk among the grandkids about what we are looking forward to seeing this year.
• We wonder what new baby animals will be in the barn this year?
• Beau enjoys the goats.
• Little Eliza loves to give the calves a good "hair" brushing.
• Logan can hardly wait to go up in "his" big balloon.
• Ella wants to practice her stilt walking in Prairietown.
• Emma likes to identify the spring wildflowers with Mamaw (that’s me).
is right around the corner and the older girls are already deciding which (Adventure or Arts) and how many sessions to attend this summer. Now is the time to get signed up! Ella wants to see if the giant fish (did someone say Loch Ness Monster?) is in the pond again this summer so she can once again go fishin’. Emma wants to attend the leadership session that is offered.
I take this "job" of Mamaw very seriously. I love to share Conner Prairie with them, to encourage these five precious young minds to open up and explore their world, to ask lots of questions and to help them find their own answers!
More adventures to come. Happy Spring to everyone!